Skip to main content

Reply to "Is the transfer portal good for HS?"

If roster sizes stay the same, there will be no weed out because the coaches will fill those rosters.  I think it’s a good thing like PABaseball states.

@PABaseball posted:

Long story short - Good for HS players. Bad for rostered players. Everybody has been pushed down a level. The biggest winners have been D2/D3 baseball who now have players who would have probably found themselves on a D1 roster 4 years ago.

I feel like it does weed out some.  Most likely, It forces families to make decisions about the long term instead of the short term.  It has for me and I think about it a good amount.  I think about baseball in terms of leverage to get into a better school rather than playing D1.  I have an academically gifted player. He’s also a pretty solid LHP.  So I’m not sure how I feel about chasing a baseball dream unless that dream flows through a HA or great school.  So actually, maybe it doesn’t weed kids out, it just pushes everyone down a level like was said. 😁.  

I hate when I finish a reply and feel like I should just delete it because I totally agreed with the previous post. 🤣🤣