Skip to main content

Reply to "Is This How Offers Work?"

bacdorslider posted:
roothog66 posted:
bacdorslider posted:

Yes, correct answer, always ready to entertain offer.  when my 2014 was on a visit to a C-USA school, they were ready to offer, asked him when he wanted to commit... I wanted a bigger conference... I blew that deal for him.. bird in the hand...

We are talking about a mid-major... my 2013 coach at a mid-major... it means a lot to him to know the player really wants to be at that school.... I said at that school... not on that team... 

FWIW  so many times this baseball thing is not going to work out... I know that's not what any of us want to hear.... but its true.... make sure of the school as well as the team....

Yeah, at least your kid fell into a school with a decent baseball program and an OK academic reputation. 

well sort of, I was talking about 2014 , in reference to not taking the C-USA deal..  he ended up JUCO  ....

2013's coach was the D1 guy who wanted players that wanted to be at the school as much as the program.  Mid-level D1 is different than power 5. and they do recruit differently and  different things mean different things to certain coaches and programs.

But I can say that 2018 committed as a sophomore and while a lot on the board disagreed it was the move to make.  while some of the recruiting is the same, almost all deals are a little different somehow.

Gotcha. Forgot about the other son. I'm with you. Every case is different. I can say, there are regrets concerning some offers sophomore year that should have been more carefully considered. It's looking like things for my 2018 are going to work out well, but for a few months, it was questionable.