Skip to main content

Reply to "Is this real or another camp tactic?"

Bogeyorpar posted:
MidAtlanticDad posted:
IMO, this is a real long-shot for your son. First off, D3s are not looking for guys to move up their boards at this time of year, they're looking for guys who have D1 talent (or close to) and haven't landed a D1 offer. August and September are prime hunting season for those guys. Your son could very well be even further down that board (assuming he's actually on it) by the time the camp rolls around.

I agree that there's no harm in your son calling the staff and asking where they saw him, and what kept him from being at the top of their list. Most people have a harder time "exaggerating" over the phone than in email.

So on the timeline, is it still early for D3s? I can image them chasing D1 talents until the D1 prospects commit to D1 schools. If that's true, is late October / early November the time for D3 guys to move up the board? 

Yes, This is the time of year they are getting in touch with their top guys, who have not committed, to a D1 or other school. This is the time when my sons suddenly had an explosion of D3 colleges start making contact. Remember even at the schools where they do not do ED, or require Tips or coaches help through the admission process, there is still Early Action. 

In my sons experience, they wanted to get him to apply EA. The assumption or we were lead to believe that Students who applied Early Action as opposed to Regular Decision, had a step up on Merit money and grants. 

But my sons experience was from 2010.