Skip to main content

Reply to "Is Travel Ball a necessity?"

cabbagedad posted:
too.tall posted:

Travel ball has been good for my son.  His coaches have a superior knowledge of the game over his high school coaches, they are more motivated to see him placed on a college team and they have better connections to make it happen.  He will be a junior in high school this year and so it's still too early to tell what will happen but I would take travel over high school in a heart beat.  Plus, for me, the high school season is too stressful with juggling practice and studying and worrying about why kids aren't playing more.  I don't enjoy it and if my son said he wanted to skip high school I would support him with private instruction.  

Too.tall, something seems funny about your post...

You don't like the HS season because it is too stressful, too much juggling practice and study and you worry about kids getting more PT... but travel is better because the coaches are more motivated to see him placed in college and have better connections to make it happen...  where things will be more stressful and more difficult to juggle and more difficult to earn playing time ????   

Hence my conundrum.  Fortunately, I'm not the one facing those struggles.  I'm just a spectator.  Doesn't mean I have to like it but I do enjoy trying to help him succeed and get the best out of his talents.  

Last edited by too.tall