Skip to main content

Reply to "Is travel baseball as we "used" to know it dead in Maryland?"

Keep in mind that many "Showcase Teams" play in events during the summer that are a week in duration and most others are in prolonged weekend events--are you people saying you want the kids playing every day of the week during the summer

I also disagree on the instruction aspect--most good "showcase teams" have more than ample imstruction and keep in mind that the HS junior and senior players on "showcase teams" are very solid players and the instruction they need is more in fine tuning of their game than anything else. On their off days most of them are in a cage somewhere on their own hitting and the pitchers have a regular regimen they follow in terms of bullpens so as to be ready for the upcoming weekend tournament.

I do not know about other programs but with us we find a facility in the area of our tournaments so that we can work out during downtime or rain days.

My own feeling is that Legion got hurt and weakened themselves when they went to 19 year olds , not because of other programs

Just my two cents