Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

old_school posted:

I find it interesting how many people have so much faith in what they read, what they are told and what the chart says. The "experts" are guessing folks, they erring to the side of safety mainly because they are in the middle of career defining moment. This is like the perfect storm and they are the weather channel, there is zero point in acting as if we won't get the max possible snow and probably exceed that by 10%.

Use your head, move forward and for Christ sake stop being soft. This isn't a one size fits all, what is good for NY is not good for Montana - suck it up and take of yourselves. 

When sports starting shutting down I sensed what was coming. I left MA for my home in ME. Based on the county numbers in ME I have a .0006 chance of catching COVID. Without calculating age and health into the calculation I have a .000017 chance of dying. Yet the state is in shutdown. There’s only been one death under the age of 70 and/or other serious medical issues. It would be more dangerous to cross a busy street on foot.

What I just posted doesn’t apply to everywhere. I left the Boston area for a reason. 

I pulled a muscle in my back recently. I messaged my doctor’s office Friday for next step after going through a container of Aleve. He didn’t get back to me. I called yesterday ... “I’m sorry we didn’t get back to you. We’ve been working twelve hours a day doing COVID tests. But I can fit you in this afternoon.”

In other words, “Do you want to come near this place? Suck it it up buddy, we’re busy here.” His office is in Mass General Hospital. 100+ of the medical staff have become infected. 

Last edited by RJM