Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

CTbballDad posted:

Man, this board will never be the same.  One poster basically telling another, let me know what you think once your wife or kid dies; people don't value life because they want to go to work and provide for their families, etc.

People have different views, that's what a free society promotes.  Yet, we cast stones and question when they don't match yours.

I saw a poll yesterday showing 30% are worried most about the finances and career. 4% are worried about getting sick. I can completely understand someone freaking out watching what they built blown up. Imagine someone with a business on the ropes in 2008 who built into something that should sustain their family for the rest of the career now coming apart at the seams.

The average small business has twenty-seven days of cash. I’ve talked with clients (in manufacturing with big equipment leasing costs) who said the loans will only provide enough to pay their fixed expenses. One told me assuming he survives he may have to take a second mortgage on his home to bring back employees. 

A large number of restaurants won’t make it. Hospitality employs a lot of people. No one is going to rush to dine out when this is over. 

There are a lot of angles to look at this situation. When sports come back should be at the bottom of priorities (other then low paid minor leaguers who could be struggling).