Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

2019&21 Dad posted:

James G posted:

For those thinking that lockdowns will end in a month or two if everyone does their job and stays home- it won't. That's the problem here. The virus will always be here, it has been here longer than some think, and will return. Because of that, we need to make decisions that are best for individual people, families, and populations based on what is feasible. Not a one size fits all national approach. 

James - if we have a national approach that tests EVERYONE, we will be able to have more of an individual approach (than per state) AND be safer, because we will know who has it and who doesn't. Therefore, we can treat people differently based on their condition. Those who aren't infected could go to work and some places of business could re-open. People would have trust in knowledge. But because we are flying blind due to lack of testing, we have to take this one size fits all approach. It doesn't have to be that way. For those who say it's not possible or too expensive, look at the alternative. I'd suggest that the alternative is much more expensive and much more difficult. 

I COMPLETELY agree with you that needs to happen. But that won't be happening for a very long time. So until then, I wish we could locally look at real time data (not models that are fubar) and not deaths (because that is a lagging statistic). My opinion we need to find a solution to return somewhat next month, not in a year. If I had a magic wand I would model Sweden completely. But that's another topic (why are we modeling the response of the countries with the worst outcomes instead of modeling countries with the best).