Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

collegebaseballrecruitingguide posted:

Gotta say, and I know I freely share my opinion on this site anyway, but anyone...and I mean anyone, who is in a hurry to rush our young men into a group situation is not seeing the forest for the tree. How are you going to feel, if for no other reason that your selfish pride, you send your son off to play summer ball, into a situation, that even if the player shows up “clean”, he will now be living with a host family that you have no idea what or who the members of that family are coming into contact with on a daily basis, and your son contracts the virus. Let’s just say, best case scenario, he gets it and is asymptomatic. Then he goes to practice and unknowingly becomes that group of people’s “patient zero” or “Corona Virus Johnny” and spreads that virus to multiple people on his team. One or two start to show symptoms, but they are tough guys and try to play through it. Finally the team decides to call it quits and scatters these 30-40 coronavirus exposed players back to their homes and towns...and the song keeps playing.

Please, I miss baseball as much or more than anyone on this board. But wanting to rush to get our sons back into a competitive environment is at best selfish of us, at worst recklessly negligent. Have the conversation now with your sons that not playing baseball for a few months is going to be the sacrifice they are going to have to make to help our country come through this thing faster. Accept that argument as truth yourself. Don’t be selfish and just because you want to see your kid strike out a stud or launch a HR you are willing to put your own desires ahead of the wellbeing of the country.

I am in agreement 100%. Wait maybe 150%.