Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

SomeBaseballDad posted:

I find 100% of news outlets to engage in some degree of fake news. About 80% of those I find to be left leaning and of that percentage about 50% suffering from TDS. 

I don't think the labels by themselves are useful.  Your idea of "bias" and mine are almost certainly different.  Which is ok with me, but unless you or I point to a particular article and explain why we consider it inaccurate or slanted, then we're likely to just talk past each other.  

IMO, one of the most difficult things about the current situation is that very, very few of us--including those writing for the media--have the expertise to evaluate the limited evidence that is out there.  (For the record, I do not have said expertise.)  Even when we read what seems to be an objective report about some new model or scientific study, how often do we (or can we) go find the actual study and try to independently evaluate its conclusions?  I'm reminded of what Lincoln said about the two sides in the Civil War each claiming that God was on their side:  "Both may be, and one must be, wrong."