Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

Tim Turner posted:

Tim will do...there’s no revised argument her at all...it’s my opinion and it’s and it’s shared by a lot of others that I’ve talked to.  I won’t post anymore about it.  I’m with the others...I’d much rather talk baseball than anything else.

[see, it's possible to remove all the old posts...]

Re-opening gradually is shared by absolutely everyone.  Everyone agrees that different parts of the country need different things, based on multiple factors.  That is precisely what the government said yesterday.  The only thing people differ on is how much we need to know.  The people who say, "just open it all up now and let some people die" are wrong; we will know much more in a week or two, and that will save not just lives but also the economy.  No-one thinks we should all be shut down indefinitely.  The main unknown is when we're going to have the data that we need.

Smitty28, what you describe pretty much sounds like what we already have here (a medium size town far from a large city, where everyone drives everywhere).  Our golf courses are still open, everyone goes outside for walks, no-one is being stopped from going to outdoor batting cages (as far as I know), plenty of people are driving around, construction sites are still open, hardware stores are open, etc.  I don't know what our two factories are doing. 

At the end of the day, they are probably going to conclude that the two main contributing factors to spread and mortality are nursing homes and public transport (agree with CollegeBaseballInsights), which they can't do anything about, and public gatherings, which they can, if they want.