Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

I'm not going to quote the posts because that drags this thing out but I will agree where you live and how it has impacted your family and friends is the lens you are looking through.  I've had several conversations and got to know more people personally on here in the past several weeks.  Some good and some not so good but at least I know them better and where they are coming from in this and baseball.  Some of them are like me religiously, politically, and in other areas of life and some not.  I have connected with some oin all areas of likeness and difference and all of them make me a better person.  Several of you who live in "hotspots" (don't want to offend anyone by using that term again but that is all I know to call it) have a different lens than some of us.  Still only 15 people within 30 minutes of me have it and only 1 hospitalized, none dead.  One of my friend's wives is a nurse who is working outside Charlotte and she works on the Corona floor.  She has 2 patients and they are working less hours than before Corona. 

But I also know some of you who I've talked to in NYC and other areas, including Florida and Atlanta have a totally different view and situation.  I can feel for you and your families but I can only see it through your words and pictures but not through my lens, maybe a glimpse through yours.  I can pray for you and have compassion.  I just think that each state and local government, and then business owners or board will have to decide through their lens what to do but understand how it affects others.  It is like one of my guys is plant manager of a well-known company here and he was fine but had to shut down because he couldn't get the parts he needed and the place he sent his finished products to had shut down so he could only build up so much stock.  He can't open til they open and his distributors open.  What one does affects another as does every area of life as we teach our kids.  What those around me do affects me and vice versa.