Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

CollegebaseballInsights posted:
TerribleBPthrower posted:
CollegebaseballInsights posted:

Is NJ requiring N95 masks to go out in public?

Starting around Apr 8th, we had to wear if shopping.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/m...s-where-how-get-them

These masks are not N95. The general public is fine walking around with a cloth mask. N95’s are better for health care workers to prevent up close receiving end of transmission where the cloth mask prevents you from spreading harmful germs via sneezing, coughing, or just plain spitting while your talking. I wore an N95 today (had one for painting in the garage) to the store. I won’t wear it again. My cloth mask arrives Monday

TPM posted:
TPM posted:
ARCEKU21 posted:

Got a little taste of relaxing the lockdown today in Texas. Our governor announced today that on Monday they are opening back up the state parks. You have to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines, but they will be open. Also, he is letting all retail open back up if they can support "to go" commerce.  He said in two weeks he will see how things are going and possibly implement the second stage of opening up.

Also, Future Stars Series posted an update about the tournaments in August and the game plan. Sounds like they are thinking this out pretty well: Regular cleaning crews onsite, hand sanitizing stations in all the dugouts, stagger game times through the 8 venues to allow for teams to leave before others arrive, limiting the number of people in the stadium at one time and also making sure there is ample space so people are spaced out per guidelines. 

Hopefully we get some further good news in 2 weeks. 

As of today Texas has confirmed 17371 cases and 428 deaths. Should be interesting to see if this goes up or remains the same.

These 2 numbers will increase. You could completely lock every person in their house and they will go up. They probably went up before the numbers were even posted. 

Exactly and I don't believe in these  being exact numbers because many stay home and die there as well.  Also missing is how many recovered.

My point was of course it will go up. The opening of various parks or activities won’t be the cause of the increase in general. It may impact the percentage increase, but it would increase no matter what. 

Agreed.  I had a n95 that I for mowing the lawn.   People only need to have something over their face.

That has to be one of the most uncomfortable ways to mow the lawn!  Just kidding. It is hot as heck in FL and I made the dumb decision to grow a beard. Not a good combo with the mask and the heat