Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

Agreed this thread has been a great source of differing opinions, info, and just a way to discuss what's foremost of many of our minds these days.  I also understand that sometimes when you see an opinion expressed that sets you off, you want to respond.  Political comments tend especially to have that effect, and I have ventured responses to such now and then myself.  (Although I have tried to apologize and walk them back when I have done so, and I don't think I've fallen off that wagon lately.)

Point being, most of the folks in this community have agreed to try to avoid politics, and that seems to be a good practice.  I'm not trying to attack anyone who has offered opinions with a political cast in this thread--I just ask that we not go there.  (I have strong political views of my own, believe me.)  

Anyhow--I thought the stats in the article linked below from today's Washington Post were interesting.  The authors have a point of view you may disagree with, but read it anyhow for the data.  IMO they are a good demonstration both that covid-19 is a serious problem, and that the degree of seriousness is heavily dependent on geography. 

I inserted a couple of charts from the article below.  Here is the link: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com...e-death/?arc404=true

Attachments

Images (2)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1