Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

ABSORBER posted:
SomeBaseballDad posted:

It takes the weight of the heart off the lungs and allows more space for oxygen to fill them. So yes, it's a real thing. It's called prone positioning.

I'm not saying it's not a real thing. As I said, any kid who's had the breath knock out of them figures it out pretty quickly. It's just not some new and wonderful discovery that "took doctors two weeks to figure out" while we have been in lockdown. That's the fake news.

My husband is a severe asthmatic struggling through this pandemic. He was hospitalized in November with pneumonia, in January with a bronchial infection and February kidneys sterted to fail due to all the treatments, antibiotics, prednisone. He might have had the virus. He is waiting to get tested when doctor said he can.

He still doesn't feel well, which is typical of older corona survivors.

What SBD is describing, has been around for  a long time, this is how they treated people with pneumonia before all new treatments came into vogue and now the norm.

It's not fake news and has nothing to do with getting the wind knocked out of you, in which case most remain lying on their back.