Skip to main content

Reply to "It is Past Time to Face Reality"

Chico Escuela posted:

luv baseball, who is the "they" behind this nefarious conspiracy theory?  And how did they get to Fauci, Birx, and so many other medical and public health professionals?  And get so many other countries to go along?

Disagree (using 20/20 hindsight) with the decisions elected officials from both parties in most of the nation took if you want.  But there is no shadowy cabal behind the events of the past few months.

Chico -" they" are Fauci etc.  If you want mass voluntary compliance from people in the US there only two ways to get it - at the point of a gun - or scare the hell out of them.

So my point is pretty simple and there isn't any conspiracy theory invovlved.  It is my assessment of the message the government has chosen to convey and our response to it.

But to recap my point of view in full:  I have serious doubts that the medical community has any true insight into what the oucome would have been had we limited the response to simply staying further apart, stop touching, washing hands etc.  I think the estimate of 2.2 million dead was stupid and unrealistic and was never going to happen.

So with the great Dr. Fauci and others guiding the way the plan was developed to slow the spread...or flatten the curve by asking for widespread shutdown.

How to make that happen voluntarily?  Scare everyone to death with insane predictions rather than anything approaching a qualified statement.  In other words End of times type talk. 

They were covering their asses.  It gets back to my joke about Trump saving 2 million lives.  All politicians operate on the narrative of defining what success is.  I we tell you 2 million will die and only 60k die … see it worked!  We are great and beneficent leaders and we declare victory ….vote for me.

We bought it for about a 6 weeks and now the growing sentiment is enough is enough I want my life back and I do not believe this is the end of the world so I will take the risk.  

At that my friends is truly what being an American is and should be.