Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy baseball"

I'm not denying the passion for any particular sports at all.  I'm just saying that there is no need for Ivy League schools to be a D1 conference, when their most successful teams are in sports that don't compete at the D1 level.  If they were a D3 conference, they would have the same storied league rivalries, and they wouldn't be such an anomaly when it comes to no athletic scholarships.  That is literally all I'm saying.

Country-club sports:  yesterday's NY Times:  https://www.nytimes.com/2022/1...lege-admissions.html:  "Fencing Can Be Six-Figure Expensive, but It Wins in College Admissions.  How niche sports offer a pathway to the Ivy League and other elite schools."

It has been posted many times on this site that at big-time baseball programs, students are discouraged from majoring in tough STEM subjects, because it's really hard.  Those of you with sons at Ivy schools frequently post about how they chose to go to schools where they could major in those subjects.  I think it's fantastic.

^^^^^ yep

agree with all of this