Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy/High Academic Schools and Rigor"

@b4j1h9 posted:

Also, he has ZERO interest in engineering and is more inclined to become an ortho surgeon or physician assistant.

Let me make it simple for you. SKIP the IVY and ANY pricey option if he truly wants go into healthcare at ANY level. Dominate at your sound state option and save the $$$ for medical school. They keep ADDING allopathic medical schools anyway, making it less competitive. Unless you have the means, you're talking 60-70K/ yer TUITION for IVY, and ANOTHER 19-70K/ year for medical school. You will be potentially 580K+ in the hole (not including room and board) before truly starting in an industry that is trending to get paid LESS every year. THOSE loans don't/ won't get written off either... Now if he wants to go into law, business, or finance, that's completely different! ( ie Go for that IVY or other HA brand name(Feel free to PM. I have a link to another discussion by physicians about ROI on Ivies)

If you insist on rigor, I'm not familiar with ACE system. Can he take AP exams regardless? My understanding is that it's not just about taking the rigorous course load or even getting an A, it's also about the "5", and how many.

Last edited by GratefulNTXlurker