Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League - SAT range?"

quote:
My impression is that Harvard baseball is a slightly different (more exclusive) animal that its Ivy brethren, that their standards are perhaps even more exacting than the others--or am I mistaken?

The AI for each college, and each sport will be different (ie tennis may be higher than football as an example). The specific AI for each college is not made public. I've read on some sites that the AIs for Harvard, Yale and Princeton are rumored to be close to 220. Brown, Dartmouth and Penn are around 216, and Cornell and Columbia are around 210. AI minimum is 171. These are merely rumored averages, and your rumor mileage will vary. Bottom line is that all Ivy schools will recruit the best athlete for its program that it can get accepted by Admissions.

Also, keep in mind that each Ivy is unique. The only common bond is that they are in the same conference and play by the same athletic recruiting and admissions rules. Our experience was that each had a different baseball recruiting approach. I suggest going to each interested school and meeting with the coaches to learn about their program or attend a camp. This will give your son a better idea about the balance and fit of baseball and academics at that school. This is the biggest aspect to all of this IMHO regardless of what college (anywhere!) your son attends. I hope this helps.
Last edited by fenwaysouth