Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League gets 13 drafted"

Goosegg posted:

Each year the Ivy League brings in roughly 56 players; while the majority of players moving into proball are drafted as seniors, roughly 12% of Ivy players move on to proball.

http://yaledailynews.com/downt...-the-2017-mlb-draft/

The overwhelming number of the remaining 88% move on to very, very high paying jobs. The seniors from my son's alma mater (none were drafted) went to employers such as Bain (consulting), MacKenzie (consulting), JP Morgan (investment banking), Citi (IB), IBM (consulting), etc. Every single one got good, challenging jobs; and those jobs will enhance their resumes over the next few years.

(In another thread, it was explained that large numbers of players transfer from their initial college for one reason or another. Over the past 8 years at son's alma mater ONE player left - out of roughly 56.) As I have banged this drum many times: for the few who have the combination of academics and baseball, look over the horizon to the next 40 years and chose wisely if an Ivy comes calling.

As usual Goose, you are spot-on.  In regards to this year's draft specifically, I believe there were 10 seniors, 2 juniors and a sophomore drafted.  Four of the 13 are from Penn, including one junior and the sophomore.