Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

Originally Posted by kevkev29:
As a junior in HS, when is the typical time where a recruit is being told by an Ivy that they are seriously interested, etc., and will a recruit know in mid summer if an Ivy is really seriously interested, even well before time period of when likely letters can be issued. Just trying to get a feel for what's the norm, if there even is a norm with these types of schools and recruiting. Thanks.

The Ivy"s that had regular dialogues with my son during his junior year became more serious after the results of his 2nd ACT was posted.His previous score was a bit under what they needed for a student athlete.This was June 8th of 2013.By mid August they had all made a decision.Some of them watched my son play at 3 different events in that time span as well.

All of the IVY coaches that my son dealt with informed him of their final decision.None of them left him hanging.A teammate of my son received a couple of offers from IVY's during The Stanford All Star Camp.

My son liked all of the IVY coaches that he met especially Coach Marsh of Cornell.He always responded to questions and emails,and was the first one to congratulate him on his last ACT score.Also,he's a fellow SoCal from Surf City...Huntington Beach for all you non locals