Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

What kind of SAT, ACT scores do the Ivies and similar academic schools look for a student athlete? Does anyone have actual experience. My son is a strong student but without athletics would unlikely get in straight up.  He has taken the SATs once. Taking again in a few weeks, and ACTs in April. We are expecting to finish with SATs in the 600s in each category.  Looking to go to school for business.   We are tying determine what level of academic schools to shoot for in the recruiting process.  In the north east there are so many options to look at with similar academic requirements.  DI Ivies & Patriot, and DIII Centennial, and NESCAC.

His best friend is an excellent student and could likely get in nearly anywhere, and wants to go pre-med and play baseball.   He is a 6-1 RHP that throws 86 and went 7-1 as a Soph on a Varsity team that only 12 games.  Not Major D1 we understand but ridiculous grades and test scores makes him attractive.   I my thoughts are for is friend would be to go to a DIII because of the demands of his major, and he will excel as a player.  Any thoughts?