Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

Originally Posted by Phillybball:

What kind of SAT, ACT scores do the Ivies and similar academic schools look for a student athlete? Does anyone have actual experience. My son is a strong student but without athletics would unlikely get in straight up.  He has taken the SATs once. Taking again in a few weeks, and ACTs in April. We are expecting to finish with SATs in the 600s in each category.  Looking to go to school for business.   We are tying determine what level of academic schools to shoot for in the recruiting process.  In the north east there are so many options to look at with similar academic requirements.  DI Ivies & Patriot, and DIII Centennial, and NESCAC.

Phillyball,

Although you didn't ask the question, he needs to be a genuine D1 caliber recruit to play Ivy and Patriot.   So assuming he has that, I'll provide the following general Ivy baseball guideline off the top of my head.  Your mileage may vary.  Bare in mind there is a lot more that goes into Ivy admission decisions that are not determined by the coach directly.

3 x 600s - must be deemed a baseball stud for admission to Br, Col, Corn, Dart, Penn

3 x 650s - must be deemed very good player to B, Col, Cor, Dart, Penn, must be deemed a stud for HYP baseball

3x 700s - should be good enough to get into all Ivys with the right baseball talent. 

I'd strongly suggest you see a few Ivy games to determine if it is a fit.  The non-conference season starts next weekend with conference play beginning March 29th.  Good luck!