Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

smokeminside posted:

Just a follow up question which I hope is germaine. My understanding has been that Ivy's would not tell a kid they would commit to him before his jr. grades and test scores were complete.  Is that inaccurate?

This is not accurate, although it has generally been the case (italicized words being the key).  My son was offered by an Ivy 2 days before Christmas of his Junior year.  They had seen him throw 3 or 4x, he got the SAT score that they told him he needed (got that score that very day, in fact...they told him if he met or exceeded a certain score, they were going to offer immediately, and they did exactly that), his GPA was strong and they liked the rigorous HS class schedule that he was taking (lots of APs).  It was certainly unusually early for his school.   But, I think you have and will see more of this, especially for pitchers.  But, like all "commitments", thereafter, he had to keep up his end of the bargain in the class room.  The Ivy coaches just have to be clear what that means, and in my son's case, they certainly were.

Last edited by BucsFan