Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

After lurking for a bit I just officially joined HSBBweb!  Just wanted to make a first post thanking the contributors for all of the great insight and advice!!  This thread re: Ivy League recruiting is particularly helpful for our situation - my 2019 LHP is interested in an Ivy and preparing for the September ACT as we speak.  Based on this thread, it seems like he could be a bubble Ivy academics wise  - 3.8+ GPA, AP classes and in ACT practice tests he projects to get around a 29 or 30 (hopefully).  So no slam dunk by any means, but at least worthy of a look.  He is very interested but also realistic that Ivy admission is a reach and therefore is casting a wide net.

Thanks again for the information and I look forward to sharing any knowledge that we gain in this process FWIW.  As for the desired Ivy, I think darling son will reach out after September 1st to see if there is any real interest, or perhaps wait until he gets his ACT score and, assuming its north of 29, reach out then?  He was at their Fall camp last year, and they've seen him at two other events.