Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy League Recruiting"

So if my income exceeds let's say $200k does that mean my son probably wouldn't get an academic scholarship to an Ivy League School?  ......

GoBlue: there are zero scholarships to an Ivy.  But if you make more than $200K your son may not qualify for any financial aid.  You'll have to do the cost calculator, you may be surprised....

Baseball wise:  Ivy baseball coaches are looking for baseball players just like any coach.  They are looking for D1 skilled players with the smarts.  If your kid has both, you need to market your kid via camps, showcases, and possible tournaments (WWBA).   A lot of this is timing:  is he a position player? is he physically mature or projectable? is he already producing measurables which are D1 level?  BUT, at the end, they still need to see him play!  You are doing a great thing being on this site to become vested in the recruiting process.  You cannot lean on any one coach or program to position your son, they may be able to help, but it doesn't really work that way.

For a team look into the East Coast Clippers. They build a roster of higher academic kids and go play tournaments and have individual workouts at most of the Ivy's and NESCAC schools throughout the month of July.  Run by a solid guy I know and met here on this board.  Happy to share his info via PM if you'd like. 

Last edited by Gov