Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Advice 2021"

I think you will find that the information you seek is already on this site.  Utilize the search component.  Try words like  "Ivy" "HA" (high academic) and maybe some of the specific schools you're looking at (there is a thread on Brown going on right now, the last post was a few hours before yours).

Here are a few quick words (I have a 2022 in CA that is also interested in high academic schools):

Get your measurables documented.  If you're in the North half of CA you can do it later this month via PBR.  Not sure about SoCal, I think they may be done until June (Post CIF season).  Sign up for either Headfirst or Showball camps (search these as well on the boards) or maybe even Stanford Camp.  All of these list the coaches that are attending.  If you're in SoCal someone had a thread about Quakes Ivy Camp recently, looks like they have almost all the Ivy's coming. I would suggest sending film and stats to these coaches prior to attending camp.  Do whatever you can to get on their list to watch and then find a way to play in front of them.  Are you attending the AZ Fall Classic? Find a way to do that too. If you do sign up for the Academic Game Tryout (search that on this site as well)

These boards are goldmines of information, better than any recruiting how-to book out there.  Unfortunately you have to do a little work to access the information.  Pull it up on your iPad when you have a couple hours and just start reading threads.

Good Luck!