Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting Advice 2021"

You're right there and have good metrics. I would recommend an event to nut up on a 0-2 or 1-2 count and throw a 4 seamer outside the plate to get the Velo captured. It doesn't have to be a strike to count (hint, hint!).

Definitely grab video with a good radar gun (not ball coach) in your video to avoid question. It's pricey but a Stalker Pro 2 is a great investment and brings validity to a pitching video and velo. Also better to get velo from a Perfect Game event or tweet from a 3rd party.

You have to be above 90 as a RHP to get serious looks from Top D1s.

NOT Ivy.

Definitely use FlatgroundApp and other retweeting websites to amplify your reach. Include your metrics (Class, height, weight, GPA, Scores, and velo). BookwormBall Players, Mound Prospects are some others. Bookworm will retweet above 3.5 GPA. 

You have the minimums for Stanford 3.8 and 1300, but Stanford is done with 2021 class as are MOST of the big D1 Schools. My son was in a battle for their last arm slot in October. He ultimately chose Georgia Tech. 

Brown, Columbia and Harvard are still recruiting and you meet their standards to get in as an athlete if you feel you have to go Ivy. 

Headfirst Camps are a great exposore option for HA kids, but it's late in the game for the big Schools for 2021, not the Ivys.  I'm asssuming everyone holds off a spot for a potential "phenom" or "gamechanger" should they appear but like others have said. 2021 class for most of the big schools are full.

• UVA is practically done. We were there in Nov and they were down to their last spot.
  • Vandy has 20 commits already.
  • Duke has 12.
  • UNC has spots and recruit up to 2021 start. 
  • There are exceptions.
  • Texas only has 6 commits and normally takes  13-15+ .
  • Notre Dame had a complete coaching staff change this past summer and were recovering on recruiting and playing catch up but see they have 12 for 2021.

Check https://www.perfectgame.org/ra...uiting/Rankings.aspx a lot of schools are mostly full for 2021 by this past fall for the 2021s. Some are already getting full for the 2022s!!!

Expand list to D2-3s, JUCOs and go where you can play. JUCO transfers are huge at places like Texas A&M, Arkansas, and other places. 

Good luck and keep working toward your goals. You got this!