Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy recruiting requirements"

Thanks for all suggestions.

He really likes Ivys. Even told the Duke coach that when they were talking to him. His thinking is this...if he continues to get bigger and stronger (even though he squats 405) and keeps polishing his game, he would like to play summer ball at the Cape, if not after freshman year then after sophomore. It is understood that the Ivy level is not the same as SEC or ACC or many of the other conferences, but if you play at Ivy and can play at the Cape and succeed, it is even better because as you know, you are playing with the best and you will be found. This is actually something that his summer ball coach told him, and he is a scout for a MLB team.

As a comparison, the HS where he plays right now is not very good at baseball, well I mean as good as some schools we have here, but last year they were district runner up and lost in the regional playoff against the 2nd ranked HS team in the country at the time, whose pitcher had not lost a game in 25 appearances. My son went two for three against him, stole a base, and score a run...we lost 2-1 in nine innings.

Even our HS not being that bb great, we had not only scouts, but also cross-checker came to see him. So I believe that he should go where he will be happy and if his baseball is good then he can play college summer ball...He just has to get that score higher and hopefully can do that by being able to finish the test. The suggestion from BOF will be helpful, about the practice tests.