Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy To Allow Seniors to Play as Grad Students"

On a (sort of) related front:  Does anyone have any insight into what the HA D3 conferences are planning for spring?  (Don't ask me to define "HA"...)   The two I have paid a little attention to are the NESCAC and Centennial.  They both have yet to make an announcement about spring sports, other than "we will announce something later."  Looking at a few school web sites, I don't see any 2021 schedules posted--no games at all listed yet.  (My kid deferred his freshman year, so I don't have any firsthand info.)

It's getting pretty late...  Do teams have conference schedules ready to unveil in case they are allowed to play?  My sense is that cancelling is becoming inevitable given the delay.   

A player that I coached for years is at Haverford. He has decided to take a year off because information is so slow to come out and historical precedent isn’t encouraging. All signs are that he made the right call - which was a result of his dad making a good call too. Which was “I’m not paying 70 grand for you to sit in a room taking classes online and not playing baseball.”