Skip to main content

Reply to "Ivy To Allow Seniors to Play as Grad Students"

@RJM posted:

Now we can watch for his firing or unexpected resignation. I’m guessing the Brown president won’t care for the public statement and not being on board with the consensus. What surprises me is I expected to see a more senior baseball coach being this bold. The coach is in his thirties.

It's a bold statement, and IMO opinion an admirable one.  He's standing up for his players and his program.  And my perspective is that of a parent who has been fairly conservative throughout the year, particularly last spring when this was all new and the science was far hazier.  Now, it's very clear.  Baseball is an outdoor sport, one which can be practiced and played safely.  This will only continue to be more true as vaccination distribution increases over the Spring.  If, for whatever reason, variants cause a reversal of this situation, programs and schools can adjust accordingly. Their Coach had the stones to say this publicly, and if Brown does take punitive action against him I'm sure he will get snapped up elsewhere.