Skip to main content

Reply to "James"

Paula, if I may, I'd like to share a brief story.  I coached a young man in high school who was All-State 1st Team and played centerfield.  He went off to college and got drafted as an outfielder.  He did well.  He was traded and traded and ...  He didn't understand why.  The answer was obvious to me and I explained it to him when we talked.  He had all of those qualities in a player and person that teams wanted.  These various teams wanted him in trade packages.  I am positive that James is in the same category.  The second part of the journey for my former player was that the last team he was traded to wanted to make him a pitcher.  He had never pitched.  He had a tremendous arm.  Again, he didn't understand.  The fact was that with this change, he was fast-tracked to MLB.  With each of these changes, he grew some.  With each of these changes, he found something inside of himself that enabled him to reach new heights.  James will do the same.  As a parent, I know that you are so excited about this.  However, don't forget that so many have similar skills.  It will be the man that James is and becomes that will make him stand out.