Skip to main content

Reply to "Jamey Shouppe out at FSU"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShawnLee:
The only people that saw it coming (or at least hoped it would) were the Seminole baseball fans. Right or wrong, Shouppe has been blamed for not developing the pitching staff. There have been some pretty darned good pitchers at FSU in recent years, Gilmartin comes to mind immediately, but the depth has been lacking. Most often FSU has made it as far as they did every year based on their bats, not pitching.[QUOTE]

It has never been a secret that FSU lacked depth in their pitching or has failed to develop the outstanding HS pitchers that they have recruited. Evidence is their struggle to get to Omaha and win. The program always seemed a bit off balance to me, hitting off the charts but fair pitching. Regardless, was his resignation to save face for the HC?

I will go on record that I know personally of two pitchers that left the program with issues and have never made it past college baseball. Not sure how many more there may have been. Have they ever really turned out a pitcher like they have a Posey?

They also are in need of a young dynamic pitching coach to be able to recruit against UF and UM programs.
Last edited by TPM