Skip to main content

Reply to "JC pitcher development - Western US"

There are so many programs in CA that it's going to be a daunting prospect to research the options out  there.

If you have not found it already, this is a good central hub for checking rosters, stats, rankings, schedules, and school websites, which often have info on how grads have fared.

http://www.cccbca.com

I think Cabbage is  onto something - you might start by figuring out what might be good places to live, where the academics fit, where you can easily support him from afar, etc.  JC's don't usually have dorms so there are a lot of moving pieces.

One broad generalization I'd offer on the teams I've seen - Players on NorCal teams are a little smaller and seem to have more "late bloomers".  SoCal teams have more players with MLB-ready bodies.

Bob (Consultant) will likely chime in soon to point out at that last season a JC near us sent one pitcher to the Big 10, another to the Royals, and at least one more to a nearby D2.   But there are many more who never play past JC's. That's probably true at most schools.