Skip to main content

Reply to "Jeff Taylor"

I just checked the schedule out here and the first game is at Greensboro College this Saturday February 6th.

I am pretty sure the game will be webcast and here is how I know. One year ago, JT sent me a pm that he would be at Greensboro for the opener. I checked Greensboro's webpage for live stats that day and found they were webcasting the event. I called JT on his cell phone and got him to stand in front of the camera while we chatted away. That was the last time I saw him although I chatted with him throughout the season. One year earlier, I met him and JT Jr., in Lynchburg, Va at my son's game between Liberty and Coastal Carolina. Jeff was a professor at Liberty and was just finishing up his doctoral degree.

Hopefully people can check in on his games all season and bump this thread accordingly. For those members that may be unaware of how tragically last season ended for Jeff and his family, he was out pitching batting practice to his son and his teammates. A batted ball was hit so hard that Jeff was not able to get out of the way. He seemed ok at first and then collapsed. He was rushed to the hospital and never revived. Life is precious and short. The only good thing here is that Jeff died doing what he loved to do. Hopefully we can all help JT. Jr. and his teammates catch lightning in a jug this season. I am sure Jeff Sr. would/will love that angel
Last edited by ClevelandDad