Skip to main content

Reply to "Jeter Me This (Poll)"

I respectfully disagree with Fenway as well.

I think that it was Costas that said the other night that said something like,  when you play this game that is such a big business (and not always good), when you see so many things that are wrong within the game, its so nice to have a feel good story every once in a while (my interpretation). And for many, no matter who is your team, it is a really good story and does good things for the game. Of course your last day at your home park with a walk off  rbi makes it even more special.

Jeter was not the best at the game, I agree, but he played the game and represented the game the way it should be done.  You never read anything bad about him and I understand that his charities and foundations gave a lot back to others.  

He also obviously played it clean with no suspicion, you cant say that about most.

I would rather see him stay and AROD never return.

I also am so sick and tired of the press time given to these guys that beat their wives and children.  Celebrating a player that only has positive stuff associated with his name can never get old IMO.

Last edited by TPM