Skip to main content

Reply to "Jeter Me This (Poll)"

Moderator comment:
Most of the time, the answer to the question of why so-and-so's post didn't get pulled by the moderators is at least partly related to the fact that we don't read every post in every thread.  I umpired two baseball games today, and enjoyed a family dinner and movie night. I checked in to this site only briefly and that was to tend to some clean up of another squabble.

Thus, I wasn't playing favorites here.  I simply wasn't paying any attention at all.

In light of this surprising news that moderators have lives, perhaps our resident critics can understand why it is unreasonable to accuse moderators of political bias for not deleting a post I haven't read and they haven't bothered to report.

While we are on the subject, it is also bad manners to attack the politics of people whose political opinions you don't even know. In my case, I spend as little time as possible thinking about politics, and my reaction to the bit of  political news that gets through my filters ranges from boredom to disgust. There is not a politician on the landscape that I can point to and say he or she mirrors my views and votes my convictions. So don't assume you can infer my politics from my moderating decisions.

What I flag is generally bad manners and non-baseball, regardless of the viewpoint expressed. And yes, I do cut a little more slack to long-time members on occasion because I consider the overall body of their work.

In the case of this thread, this is a thread about Derek Jeter, and I think our remembrance of his great career deserves better than the bickering that has crept in.

Therefore,I am going to delete every post in this thread that does not pertain to the Captain, regardless of whether the post came from right, left, or middle of the road.

Please restrict further comments on this thread to Derek Jeter.

And please try to be nice to the other members regardless of which fools and knaves they vote for.

Last edited by Swampboy