Skip to main content

Reply to "Jimmy Barnes 2015 SS/3B Deep Creek HS, VA"

The approach of posting a player's attributes as a means to promote the player via this Board poses an interesting series of questions.

1) Work with me here: What if this approach works to the benefit of the player, i.e., it delivers greater visibility to his target audience and has a positive impact on his recruiting objectives? If that occurred, then you would expect that every player would do the same thing. Result? A board full of player promotions. And of course, there would be diminishing returns, not to mention a loss of site visitors (much to the dismay of advertisers).

2) And what if it doesn't add any benefits? Then either the act of posting continues unabated or it ceases (there's no benefit). In the case of the former, there's a loss of site visitors, and with the latter, all is well.

We can guess all we want as to whether or not this marketing tactic works, and as it is in the Marketing discipline, opinions run in second place to test results.

So test away, but in light of annoyed site visitors/members in two of the three potential outcomes, you'll want to test beneath a different Forum topic.

Deep down, however, I sense this will not end well. In the digital world of anonymous postings, identifying a young man in this fashion could open up a variety of opinions, rumors, naysayers and outright deceptions.