Skip to main content

Reply to "Jimmy Barnes 2015 SS/3B Deep Creek HS, VA"

Sorry,  two accounts ,  Mid Atlantic Pirates , and Baseball Clearinghouse.

I did not mean to post the first post under the Mid Atlantic Pirates account, Jimmy does not play for us, he plays for the Tidewater Orioles.

I will state again NO player or family paid anything to have these pics posted.

Zero, Zilch, Nada.

I am posting them to same way a newspaper would post pictures.  This is the way things operate now.  The games are public events where pictures can be taken.  Again I do not make a dime off posting them.

The entire reason that posted the players pictures was to report information to "what I thought were" baseball hungry fans...you guys. 

The ability to post pictures and video is in the upload board for posting messages.  What is the criteria for posting pictures.  Maybe they should remove this feature.  Am I the first person to ever do this?

• I watermarked the pictures because in the past people have taken these pictures and sold them to the players/families.  All pictures are free for them to download and print. 
  • Thou I am not the best photographer in the world,  The overwhelming percentage of parents and players are happy to have "action shot" of there player

I'm confused by the comment below:.

• Also if the player has to rely on someone else posting his info for him here, perhaps he and his family didn't do their due diligence in the first place.

• (This site is a great resource for finding and using information on the recruiting process, not a site for promoting players especially from a site that has given unreliable information.)

I see weekly post with the accolades of players form all over Virginia,  as it should be.

I'm not sure what you mean by unreliable information.  If we messed something up please let me know.

We have provided over 3500 passwords to college coaches so they can view our database , (all FREE of Charge)

Over the last 4 years we have added over 20,000 players to our database.  We can see which college coaches log in and review information.  Believe me we are credible to them. 

• As far as prepsters comment that no college coaches view message boards, I would not agree.  Thou it is not used to a great degree,  schools do use message boards and blogs to gather any information they can.

As with most things, you cannot use blanket statements like "never" or "always"

College recruiters as well as professional teams will use facebook, twitter, instagram, and any other sources to research players, all to varying degrees from seldom to often.  Character is very important

You can question my answers all you want, but remember,  I am in daily contact with college coaches 12 months out of the year.  I do know what the reality is.

• TPM, I do respect your opinion, anyone with over 10,000 post as spent time on this site.  Please recap any question I missed.

I guess my biggest question about the forum is

• Is this a site for Dad's and Mom's to exchange information.  If so then I really have no place in here.  There plenty of folks handling that.
  • Is this a site to ridicule and attack anyone for stating an opinion.  Again, I have no interest in that.
  • Is this a site to help grow the awareness of high school baseball players in Virginia to the Nation.  If so I think I do have a place.
  • Is it a site to exchange solid information about high school and college baseball in Virginia.  Then I do think I have  place.

I guess this goes back to the oldest form of helping somebody out.  Parents ask me all the time , could you mention my sons name to the Coach at such and such school.  These post were a way of doing just that to any and all who view this site.

again, No one is making a penny off of this.

Thanks,

Bobby McKinney

Last edited by Baseball Clearinghouse