Skip to main content

Reply to "John Smoltz's HOF speech on specialization"

Oh boy.  Had a long day and trying to catch up on this one made my head hurt...  I just want to summarize my thoughts.  And I am not an idiot.  I have coached many years before I became a parent.  You don't have to have an adult child to 'know things'.  So here gies:

1.) No sane person WANTS their kid to have TJS.
2.) Parenting IS an individual decision - yes provided the parents are not commiting crimes!
3.) None of us ha b e the key to wisdom
4.) I do believe the people on here believe in their heart they are helping
5.) I do listen, I really do.  But ultimately I have to make my own decision as a parent.
6.) No I will not stand for someone criticizing my parental decisions.  I don't do it to others and I won't stand still for it to be done to me.
7.) I do follow amsi guidelines not because it is the end all be all but because it seems to be the best we got eight now.
8.) Yes the radar gun part of that is an exception for me.  Yes I think its stupid.  And no i don't care if some pretigious doctor said it.  It doesn't make sense.  As has been stated many times here long before radar guns we threw the ball as hard as we could every pitch.
9.) I still know of nobody who PLAYS GAMES year round.
10.) No I am not going to tell my son 'no' about what HE wants to do about his sport choices.  Then I will just be ripped on some other thread for living vicariously and all that BS because I am not 'letting my kid be a kid' and play what He wants because after all its about him not about dad!  You see we can't have it both ways.  We can't change.our opinions based upon the current debate.