Skip to main content

Reply to "John Wayne"

Sorry Guys....I'm new at this posting pictures thing...I wanted to include the article,too...but I'm having trouble getting them together...Just wanted to share a picture of my Handsome Son!!

Here's a portion of the article anyway...I Hope!

POPLARVILLE - No. 1-ranked Pearl River Community College blew past rival Copiah-Lincoln 12-2, 8-5 in MACJC South Division doubleheader baseball action here Wednesday to improve to 36-6 overall and 8-2 in league.
PRCC, the defending state and division champions, wrapped up the first game in six innings via the 10-run rule; then bounced back from a 3-2 deficit in the nightcap with a huge six-run effort in the fourth - thanks in part to a grand slam home run by Bailey Hartel of Oak Grove - to take its 36th win of the season.

In the first game, things started horribly for the visiting Wolves; as the Wildcats first two batters reached on back-to-back errors before Ryne Lovdahl of Purvis reached on a bunt after Co-Lin's throw to first belted him in the back and scored PRCC's first run. John Wayne Donahue of Quinlan Ford H.S. (TX) followed with a two-run double before Martin Roark of Oak Grove reached via a fielder's choice with Donahue sliding safely into third.
J.P. Moreax of Picayune High then drove in Donahue with a sacrifice, while Roark's courtesy runner Chris Stewart of Picayune High scored off a single by Jordan Rogers of Biloxi St. Martin. Richard Imhoff of Picayune High flew out to end the inning with PRCC up 5-0.

Co-Lin went three up, three down in the top of the second; but the Wildcats padded their lead to 8-zip in the bottom of the frame when Lovdahl smashed a one-out double and Donahue followed with a two-run homer (his team high 10th of the year). PRCC finished with a whopping 16 hits, led by Donahue and Imhoff who both homered, doubled, and singled.
Last edited by Duke's Mom