Skip to main content

Reply to "Johns Hopkins Baseball"

Zoom 2020 posted:

Chico, 84-86 mph is very solid for HA D3, when you mention command, did your son walk a lot of batters at Showball? How was his offspeed pitches?

Besides Showball, has your son been seen at Headfirst or Stanford? Coaches may overlook one inconsistent performance if they saw him with better command at another event, but 84-86 would seem to be well within their desired range for RHP.

I wouldn't presume to claim I can evaluate my own kid (or any potential college player, really).  Showball is it for this year for the schools on his list.  It went OK, but he wasn't at his best.  It happens; and I know coaches evaluate potential, not just a particular day's performance. 

I'm confident some school(s) looking at him now will eventually decide they want him on their team.  (But in my most paranoid moments I worry he will be at some other school's camp when those decisions are being made, so they'll look elsewhere...)  For now I'm advising him to keep pursuing any school he'd seriously consider attending.