Skip to main content

Reply to "JT - Jeff Taylor Sr."

I am just numb. I too have had the pleasure of knowing JT over the past several years. We met on this site as our son's were about to graduate from high school and go off to start their college baseball years.

I met Jeff in person at a showcase/tournament in Petersburg, VA a couple of years back when our son's teams played each other, and again last year at the D-III regionals in Danville.

There was an extended rain delay that night, not quite a year ago. Jeff was always so supportive of all the players no matter who they played for and full of energy and life. He taped the antics of the players while we waited for the game to resume. We talked and laughed and just had a downright good time. He posted the film he made on youtube.com and since I have shared his footage with many of my players and friends. The game ended in the early morning like around 1 or 2 AM, little did I know that would be the last time I saw Jeff Taylor. We since had emailed one another as he did with many of you on this site.

Truly a tragic event to remind us all of how life is so fragile and short.

Yesterday, my son finished his College baseball career and will graduate this December. As he was recognized by his peers before the game, I had both tears of joy and sadness in my eyes about these two, so different, events that touched our lives.

To Jeffrey and Mary Clare, our prayers are with you for strength and guidance from above.

CV
Last edited by cvsting