Skip to main content

Reply to "Juco Divisons"

adbono posted:

D1 JuCos can offer full scholarships. If they are fully funded they have 24 to give. Many are not fully funded. D2 JuCos can offer only books, tuition & fees. Not sure on max # of scholarships but many D2s are also not fully funded. D3 JuCos offer no athletic scholarships. California JuCos also offer no athletic scholarships. Not sure about Northwest but I suspect they don’t offer athletic scholarships either. Many D1 & D2 JuCos have on campus housing. The level of play varies more by region of the country than by division of JuCo. In Texas there are D1 & D3 JuCos. In Oklahoma there are D1 & D2 JuCos. All 3 levels often don’t exist in the same state. Texas D1 JuCos can beat anyone, including solid 4 year D1 schools. Contrary to many opinions I see on this board, JuCos in Texas aren’t populated with kids that don’t have good enough grades to go to 4 year state schools. In Texas it’s an issue of supply and demand. There are more good players in Texas than there are roster spots at 4 year schools in Texas. As a result many players in Texas that have good grades and are good enough to play anywhere make a first stop at a JuCo. In Oklahoma the D2 JuCos are every bit as good as the D1 JuCos and a some of the D2s have much better facilities. You can’t paint JuCo Baseball with a broad brush. The regional differences are huge but they mostly mirror 4 year school regional differences. The majority of the better programs are in warm weather states. I was talking to a Tampa Rays scout recently and he told me that he advises every kid in Texas that isn’t draft ready to go JuCo so they will play as FR & SOPHS instead of sitting on the bench at a 4 year school. IMO JuCo is the perfect bridge from HS to a 4 year school for MOST HS baseball players. 

Attached is some insights supporting adbono

San Jacinto 2019 Distribution by State (Where players come from)

San Jacinto 2019 Distribution by State

2019 Distribution by Position

San Jacinto 2019 Distribution by Position

San Jacinto Alumni on 4yr rosters for 2019

Disclaimer: Still reconciling information

San Jacinto 2019 Players on 4 yr Rosters

San Jacinto 2019 MLB Draft

San Jacinto 2019 MLB Draft

Attachments

Images (4)
  • San Jacinto 2019 Distribution by State
  • San Jacinto 2019 Distribution by Position