Skip to main content

Reply to "June & July Of Your H.S. Freshmen Year"

“Week long” camp?  Yikes, I know of some camps that are a couple, maybe three, days, but none that are a week long.  Much depends on the school camp you are attending.  Camp at Major D1 or even Mid D1, you’d better have something to show. Either that or, if it’s cost effective and has multiple schools attending, do it for the experience.

During Aug AFTER my sons (2018 RHP) freshman year (EDITED after I blew some cobwebs off my brain and realized I was off a year), he attended the PG Mid Atlantic Showcase, primarily because it was Local. He threw 86 and got some good attention.  The next weekend, he went to a one day local D1 college camp that had about 6 schools of varying classification attending.  From those two events and his travel coach, he garnered some interest from schools and teams to guest pitch at big tournaments.  It was those big tourneys and the PG Jr. Nationals the next year that he found out that the big fish in a small pond is actually a small fish in a huge pond!  Great lessons all around.

Ironically, the school he is now attending was not, to my knowledge, at either PG Showcase that my son attended, nor were they at either of the school camps he went to.

Last edited by FFXfireman