Skip to main content

Reply to "Junior Day"

Thanks to everybody for your great responses. Bottom line I guess is to have some serious discussions with our son about his college choices! He has always said he doesn't care how far away he has to go if he can get a chance to play ball at a good school. But I'm not sure a 17 year old kid who has only lived in a small rural community all of his life is capable of understanding exactly what that'll mean - but then again I guess if he wants to give it a try we wouldn't stop him. When I mentioned that might mean most of his family and friends may never get to see him play I could see a different look on his face! Although as someone mentioned, we live up in the great north and don't have near the opportunities that are available in other areas of the country so it can make distance a tougher issue. We are really inexperienced at this recruiting thing - just barely getting started - late bloomers compared to many of you!!! So all of the input and everybody's own life experiences sure help. We'd hate to try to figure this all out by ourselves! Our son would really like to check out this school so we are contemplating the junior day visit - will probably take you up on your suggestion to find out how many will be there or if we are better off waiting until spring for an unofficial visit and catch a ballgame. Thanks again everyone.