Skip to main content

Reply to "Junior Day"

2011mom
I went through the same thing. My son was interested in two schools that were 500 - 750 miles from home, they cotacted us with generic invites but expressed personal interest. Both schools are D1 and have great to excellent academic reputations. I would gladly help him get there if baseball isn't in the equation. We went to both during the fall/winter period to reciprocate the interest. Only time will tell if he ends up at either but we are very happy with the results. They conducted the evaluations in very different ways and we got a chance to evaluate them too. It is also a chance for your son to engage in the process and consider the distance, campus, climate, look and feel etc of what each school offers. It also gave us a contrast to the local schools so we could weigh the pros and cons. If your son has genuine interest in a school, it is a relistic target for his baseball/academic skills and you have the resources to investigate...go for it. This is a one time process for him and you don't want to have regrets if you don't and wish you had later.