Skip to main content

Reply to "Junior year h.s. class load"

@JCG Great points. My son's school has college counselors who do guide them through the process. It is a very strong prep school that routinely sends kids/athletes to Ivy and other HA schools. My son's counselor knows him well and is familiar with his math abilities (she's having him start a math team which she says will help with colleges and fuel his competitive nature). She says the CS, Calc, and Physics classes should not be difficult for him at all. The AP History class is the one I'm concerned about. That would make 4 AP's in the fall semester. I guess I'm hoping to hear, "if he works hard he can handle it" or, "no way dude. I don't care how good your kid is at math, that is too many AP's". 

My son's goal is to play baseball at Harvard. When he was 6 or so, Harvard was rated as the "toughest math college" according to him. His college counselors are opening his eyes a bit to other colleges that have great math programs, baseball, and their students go on to great jobs when they graduate.