Skip to main content

Reply to "Just needing some opinions"

A couple of things:

One, a great workout really doesn't require great equipment. As long as you have dumbbells, a bar with weights, a bench, squat rack, and maybe some med balls, you really don't need a lot of other stuff. You can get a great workout with basic equipment doing the major compound lifts. I wonder if you may be doing a lot of machine lifts, considering that you aren't lifting with a partner. I think most here would agree that free weights are much better, primarily becuase they don't preset the range of motion for an exercise. You may be doing mostly free weight work, so that comment may not be relevant.

Second, I think it's important for the team to at least make an effort to be present at team workouts. This is especially true if you're an older player. This is an important time to establish the overall tone of the baseball program, and if younger guys start seeing that it's ok for juniors and seniors to do their own thing then they won't be far behind. In other words, this is a very important time for the team leaders to establish themselves and set the tone for the upcoming season.