Skip to main content

Reply to "Just WOW!"

@DanJ posted:

I NEVER underestimate the power of crazy-obsessed parents and players.  People say the term "legit D1 prospect" as if every parent and player out there agrees on what a legit D1 prospect is.  They don't.  I'm in Omaha, NE and I know LOTS of parents that sincerely believe their football and baseball player sons are "legit D1 prospects."  Delusions of grandeur is an epidemic these days.  Maybe the problem is isolated to my area, but it is very real and it is significant.

I read in the paper a couples days ago that Omaha has been getting calls from California parents about getting their kids out here to play football.  Everybody here is going through the motions as if high school football is going to happen, but I don't see it happening all things considered.  It may start, but the chances of it finishing?  Way low from my vantage point.  My son is a baseball player who pretends he's a football player in the fall.  He's a kicker/punter, ha!

Let me assure you that delusional parents and players are not confined to your area. It is also a national pandemic.